Your Privacy Is Important To Us
This policy explains:
- what information we collect when you use the Hub website (the “Site”), when you communicate with us, or when you visit one of our stores
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- what options you have to control your information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
This Site is run by our in house team at Hub Shop. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Hub is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the Site, via email or in any Hub store.
When / How and Why we collect information on you.
1. Placing an order online
When you place an order on our website www.hubshop.co.uk, we collect the following information in order to fulfil your order and contact you should a query arise.
- your name
- your delivery address and billing address
- your email address
- your phone number
NB. When you place an order with Hub, you will not be automatically added to our mailing list. You have to actively ‘Opt in’ to subscribe. We will not contact you unless it is with regard to your order.
2. Subscribing to our Hub Newsletter
When subscribing to our newsletter, we collect the following information in order to send you the newsletter we believe may be most relevant
- your email address
- your gender
- your preference in newsletter content; Mens, Women’s or Both.
3. Applying for a job at Hub
When applying for a job instore or via email, the personal information we collect about you may include your name, contact details, employment history, and any information set out in your CV. This information will be stored securely at our head office but will not be used for any other purpose than future employment.
The Information we don’t collect!
We never collect credit/debit card information as we use a third party payment processor to handle this information securely. None of your credit/debit card information is stored anywhere on our website.
How we use your information
We will use your information in the following ways:
- for the performance of a contract between you and us
- to provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one
- to fulfil any order that you place with us
- to collect payment from you
- to provide you with a receipt of purchase
Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to process web sale purchases
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services
- to administer competitions that you have entered
- to review and assess any job application that you submit to us.
If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following way:
- we will send out our Hub newsletter if you have opted in to receive them on our newsletter sign up form. You will never be automatically added to our mailing list, even if you have created an online account or purchased goods online.
NB. You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
Who will my information be shared with?
- As an independent retailer, we do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address, or credit card information.
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
How do I update my information?
We would like to maintain accurate and up to date information on you. You can update your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or updating the information on your Hub online account. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you by contacting us directly. For security and to protect your privacy, we will take careful steps to verify your identity before updating or changing any information.